The Buffalo Plaid, Red and Black Checkered Plaid, Mackinaw Plaid or in Dutch 'Houthakkers' (Lumberjack) Plaid has been a staple fabric for the outdoors in North America ever since the mid 19th century. It's oldest name is probably Buffalo Plaid and first coined around 1850 by a designer at Woolrich Wool Mills. Yes, the same guys that made this jacket!
The Mackinaw has a long history dating back to the mid 19th century when 40 where made to supply a British military outpost in the Great Lakes area in North America. The shorter model of this jacket was best suited for deep snow in comparison to the cumbersome long coats. The black and red pattern derive from the blankets that were used to make the original jackets. This jacket is the direct pedigree of that jacket. It is the most iconi hunting jacket to come out of North America and represents the vibe of great lakes, deep forest and of course the log cabin. We love it.
- Original ca. 2000s Woolrich wool Buffalo Plaid hunting Mackinaw
- Great vintage condition, minor signs of wear
- Measurements: shoulder 57cm, arm 63cm, pit to pit 68cm, back 80cm
- Please follow this link to our Size Guide
Concrete Matter Curated Vintage Collection
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.