The Fält Guide Glove has become a favourite among mountain guides, ski patrols and other outdoor professionals who spend a lot of their time in the cold and in the open air. The glove is named after Lars Fält, founder of the Survival School for the Swedish Armed Forces and an expert in wilderness survival. He was looking for a hardwearing, warm work glove and turned to Hestra. The result of this partnership was the Fält Guide Glove, which combines extra tough goatskin leather on the grip surfaces with flexible cowhide on the backhand. It has a removable liner in wool – nature's own super material – perfect if you spend long days in the mountains and want several dry liners to swap in and out. The design is relatively spacious, allowing plenty of insulating air. A decent workhorse that functions equally well in the mountains and in the forest, and with a little care will accompany you over years of ski tours and outdoor adventure.
- Outside Army goat leather durable and proofed goat leather. Cowhide durable and proofed cowhide.
- Liner made from a knitted material whose curly fibers and terry loops together can bind a large amount of air. 90% Wool, 10% Polyamide.
- Pre-curved fit The glove is pre-curved to follow the hands natural position.
- Warm, hardwearing leather glove for skiing and outdoor recreation.
- Treated goatskin leather for good grip protects from the elements.
- Supple, treated cowhide on the backhand.
- Outseams provide comfort and good grip.
- Removable liner in wool terry and wool fleece. Wool wicks away moisture and is warming even when damp.
- Attachment for wrist strap/handcuffs.
- Carabiner and eyelet secure the glove to belt loops or a rucksack.
- Can be combined with other liners.
The rich history of the Hestra brand goes back four centuries and starts in 1936 in the Swedish province of Småland. This is where Martin Magnusson and his family lives and where he starts making gloves for the local lumberjacks. When a skiing slope opens in 1937 Magnusson starts making gloves that cater for the rapidly growing skiing community in Sweden. The Swedes discover skiing as a national past time and the business grows fast. Hestra really makes a name for itself in the 1960s as the brand you need to have when skiing. Since than two generations Magnusson’s have been responsible for growing the company further, never letting down on their very high quality standards till today.
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.