The Pea Coat exists for over 200 years. In fact, it has been around since the 18th century. It can be traced back to the sea and thus the Navy. The story goes that the Dutch invented this coat. They needed a firm and warm woollen coat for their explorations around the globe. A coat that could endure any climate, that could weather any type of storm.
Originally known as the 'Pij Coat' this coat eventually became known as the Pea Coat. Until this very day this coat is still proudly worn by Navy's around the world. With its indestructible quality, the Pea Coat is simply a classic and timeless piece for both formal and casual occasions. This one is an original US Navy version from 2002 with an original arm patch. It's cut, heavy wool quality and style are timeless.
- Original 100% kersey wool US Navy Pea Coat
- Dated 2002
- Fits like an L
- Mint condition, the slight purple hue in the dark blue is an artefact from the flash and not visible in the coat.
- Measurements shoulder 52cm, arm 60cm, pit to pit 59cm, back 81cm
- Amazing fit, wind and water resistant and very comfortable
Concrete Matter Curated Vintage Collection
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.